The book "Role of Translation in nation building" edited by Ravi Kumar and jointly published by Modlingua and Indian Translators Association in the year 2012, talks about how translators have always played a pivotal role in social and cultural change in society and how they continue to play a major role in dissemination of the ever expanding knowledge and information available today. In this globalized world the demand for translation and language related services has increased many times and that translation is not only needed for the creation of national identity but it has also become an essential tool for keeping pace with the processes of globalization and localization. Many times we take for granted the translators crucial role at the (intra) national level and we are less aware of their equally pivotal place as mediators at the international level and, potentially, in the creation of the even larger and comprehensive global supra national identities which seem destined to follow in the future.
The book is also an attempt to find answers to issues like:
- What role has translation played in Nation Building across the global?
- How easy or difficult is it to view Translation and Nation Building as a well-gelling couple?
- Did translation play a role in Turkish modernism movements as well as during Turkey’s mingling with the European Union?
- What about Translation and Nation Building in the African, Arabian and Australian contexts?
- Do national conflicts and language politics actually impact literary works and translations?
- How can media play an effective part in bringing social changes by means of translations?
- How has translation impacted the discourse on nationalism and globalization in the Arab World?
Note: A good way to enhance customer satisfaction is to provide unique and personalized experiences to them. To attain this goal, Translators, Interpreters as well as all stakeholders need to enhance knowledge and keep pace with the ever increasing competitiveness in the global arena. This is achieved by gaining proper knowledge and research. Modlingua research team that consists of highly qualified scholars and researchers brings to the translators community specialized publications in the form of printed books, ebooks as well as research papers at very affordable prices.